Still not sure what to do this weekend (or next week, for that matter)? Check out our picks below.
As always, you can stay in the know by following us on Facebook or Twitter, or by signing up for our daily or weekly e-newsletter.
The Election Department has spoken: the final list of candidates for the District 7 Preliminary Election is in! Who is on the ballot, you ask?
In the order you’ll see them on Preliminary Election Day…
As I mentioned in my last post on this, I wanted to put together a little survey for the candidates to answer some of your questions. Well, the survey was drafted and I emailed it out to anyone with a website (which is to say, not everyone!). So, candidates, if you haven’t received it, let us know in the comments! What did we ask? Here’s the VERY brief questionnaire:
- Years Lived In District:
- Campaign Website:
- If someone would like to volunteer for the campaign, best contact is:
- If you could recommend one book to be read by everyone in District 7, what would it be?
- Where is your favorite place in the district?
- Give three words to describe your community.
- What are your top 3 priorities for next 2 years?
- One in three residents of Boston is between the ages of 20 and 34. The ONEin3Boston.com blog focuses its attention on that population. If elected, how do you plan to engage that audience?
- What is District 7’s greatest strength and how do you intend to promote that strength citywide?
- How do you plan to promote the District 7 economy?
- How do you intend to reduce gun violence?
- The departure of former Councilor Chuck Turner is the source of a lot of controversy. What lessons has former Councilor Turner taught you?
So as their answers come in, we’ll post the responses, you’ll read them, you’ll consider their answers at the polls, you’ll make a (moderately) informed decision, and the best candidate will win. Boom! Civic engagement. Just like that.
Of course, just a reminder — if you want to vote in the February 15 preliminary, you had to have already registered to vote. If you haven’t yet registered, go do it now! If you do it by February 23, you’ll be all set for the March 15 final election. Confirm your voter registration.